Avocado Mango Grilled Shrimp Salad
Created by Chef Dale Mackay
|2||tablespoons CO-OP® GOLD Red Wine Vinegar|
|2||tablespoons lime juice|
|1||teaspoon ground cumin|
|½||teaspoon Tabasco Sauce|
|½||teaspoon smoked paprika|
|½||teaspoon garlic, about ½ a clove, crushed|
|⅓||cup vegetable oil|
|16||CO-OP® GOLD PURE® Black Tiger Shrimp, shelled|
|1||medium to large head of iceberg lettuce|
|¼||cup sour cream|
|1||teaspoon lime zest|
|1–2||avocados, (1 cup) diced small|
|1||ripe mango, diced|
|¼||cup red onion, very thinly sliced|
|1||Small handful fresh mint leaves, torn|
|1||Small handful fresh basil leaves, torn|
Prep and Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a blender on high for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Grill shrimp over high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 74˚C (165˚F) and place to the side.
- Chop the iceberg lettuce into 1-inch thick slices. Break it up a bit with your hands and place into a bowl. Add the sour cream, lime zest and salt and toss well. Spread on a platter.
- In a large bowl, toss avocado, mango, mint, basil, onions and shrimp together. Add about 1/3 cup of dressing, or to taste.
- Top the iceburg lettuce with the shrimp mixture and serve.